It is almost two years now since we visited Bayreuth, a town in the northern part of Bavaria. One of the sights we visited was the New Palace, called in Germany as the Neues Schloss which has a beautiful court garden. It was the seat of the margraves from 1753
We don’t have the chance to go inside the palace because we went to another palace in Bayreuth, the so-called Hermitage.
After the Old Palace burned down, the new town residence for Margrave Friedrich von Brandenburg-Bayreuth was begun by Joseph Saint-Pierre in 1753. Margravine Wilhelmine had considerable influence on its final form, designing some of the rooms herself, including the Cabinet of Fragmented Mirrors and the Old Music Room with its pastel portraits of singers, actors and dancers. schloesser.bayern